Thursday, October 18, 2007

"PUNKin Patch"

Ethan was so excited to go to the "punkin' patch" with pre-school on Tuesday. I got to go along since I was driving him there ... and not that I wouldn't want to go along anyway, but I sure didn't trust anyone else driving him, so it was a win-win ;).

Anyway, Ethan's been so excited about this, he's been talking about it for days now and because of the way he says pumpkin (punkin) thought that he was being really clever when he said, "I call them punks mom." To which I said, "You call who punks" (waiting to see where this was going before I reprimanded him for using that word). "Punkins, Mom, because they start with punk, right?" Well how can I argue with that? I did go on to say that it's actually "pump" that they start with, but that was lost on in him in all of 3.3 seconds. He's sticking with punkins and calling them punks for short ... makes me smile every time.

Needless to say we had a wonderful time. And the weather was beautiful, almost too warm for a fall outing. We are going again on Saturday with Ethan's Cubbies group and we've got rain on the forecast ... so it'll be a whole different adventure. At least they'll have the doughnut booth running, so I can get some fresh, hot mini-doughnuts!

Here's Ethan with his favorite classmate, Eloise. These two are just smitten with each other. It's too funny and too sweet. He told me he loves Eloise, and I said that was very nice, he said, "yep, that's cause her is my friend."
(I think they look like they could be brother/sister!)

And here's Ethan picking up a little punk ;). The kids have to be able to carry their own ... we went through about 10 ... each time he'd say, "it's not my favorite mom." Finally I said the next one you pick is it ... and it worked, and we came home with a sweet little one that will make a great little jack-o-lantern ;).
(This was another perfect one (in my opinion) but not his favorite ;)

Well this post was started yesterday and I actually had something entirely different to post about today ... but here you are anyway. Maybe I'll surprise you with another post today or one this weekend!

Happy Friday & Happy Weekend!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

so cute! love his little outfit and the first "girlfriend"...hee hee! I think I may start calling them punks too..pretty cute!

Kelly said...

That is so cute! What a funny kid! Punks - ha!
He & Eloise do look like they're related. She's cute!
Have fun in the rain tomorrow. We were going to go but decided not opt out for this rainy weekend.