Sunday, October 28, 2007

Overload ...

Alright, not sure where even to begin ... this is the problem with not posting for so many days ... when did I last post?!?

First, thank you ... thank you to all of you who were praying for me last week. I knew I might be in for a LONG one, as Matt headed to Washington DC on Monday and I was still in the midst of emotional craziness. But you know what, Ethan and I had one of the best four days I can remember in a long time ... like no whining, no arguing, no fighting, no loosing tempers ... so thank you!

So, Matt came home safely and a day earlier than expected (always a nice surprise for a mama) and we spent Friday just getting housework done, having pizza dinner and making a whole bunch of sugar cookies for Halloween.

The weekend was pretty low key. Ethan was running a low temp and I was tired from a week of not sleeping well, so we just took it easy, ran a few errands, baked more cookies, took several naps and watched way too much tv and carved "punkins" tonight.

This picture is to show off our little punkin family and to show off my new hair cut/color. Although, this is not a great picture, I got about 4 inches cut off, a few more layers and went darker than I've ever gone before ... maybe I'll have Ethan take my picture when it's actually styled ;).


I did sneak out last night for a girls night out ... Amanda, Kelly, Summer and I went to Bethany's house, where we had a wonderful dinner of potato soup, bread, veggies & hummus and cookies and homemade applesauce. YUM! And then we talked and talked and talked until about midnight when we all decided we better get home before we ended up asleep on Bethany's couches. I can't remember the last time I was out that late! Thanks girls!

Lastly, what I should have posted on Friday, but got side tracked with Matt back home, my card for Week #1 of the 52 Card Scrap-Up! I don't really like it, but I'm not about to re-do it, it is what it is ...


Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you survived last week. And I got to see you twice in one week! How often does that happen?
Your hair looks cute. And not in a 12 year-old kind of way. :)
Thanks for bringing those cookies on Saturday! They are so good!

Erin said...

I like your card and your new hair!
The pumpkin family is quite cute as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your hair!!! You are so brave!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Love the pumpkins. Your hair is really cute too. Oh and I love you card! I really like that polka dot paper. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Hey do you look different? jk ;o) Cute pumpkins, we're carving tonight. It was so nice to get out for a girls night and I had such a blast talking all night! I need your pumpkin cookie recipe, those were delicious.

Bethany said...

We have got to do pumpkins soon! Yours are so cute! And I actually really like your last "card"!

Candylouu said...

Ohhh! Love the hair, Andrea! :o)

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Yes, yes, I like the hair too! Good job!!!

Your punk family is cute too. :) We didn't carve this year - Tim is sad.

I like your card! What's wrong with it you perfectionist!? :) Great job as usual.