Here was the view across from the parking lot down from the cove ...
The color isn't nearly as intense on this picture, but it was an incredible contrast of bright,
lush greenery against the darkness of the lava rock.
One of the still shots of the turtle. Isn't that amazing? They are surprisingly graceful and quite stealthy ... you don't realize they are there until they are coming right at you ...The color isn't nearly as intense on this picture, but it was an incredible contrast of bright,
lush greenery against the darkness of the lava rock.
This one also said, "Happy Birthday Erin!" We were totally thinking of you today,
and figured it was the luck of this special date that we saw so many turtles ;).
A school of fish at Black Rock (I'll share another video tomorrow) ...and figured it was the luck of this special date that we saw so many turtles ;).
All that swimming and we had an appetite ... so we showered and headed to Bubba Gump's in Lahina. We lucked out with a window seat (how often do you get that kind of view with dinner?!?) and enjoyed the sunset as we had a delicious dinner. I indulged in a "Lava Flow" ... a Pina Colada with strawberry syrup. Yum (and Kelly I really enjoyed it for you ;)!
Alright, that's all for tonight ... off to bed at the early hour of 9PM. These long days wear us out. We're heading out early tomorrow in search of some dolphins!
Happy Friday!!




4 comments:
Hey, I love that turtle!
Did you drink a lava flow for me? Love those things!
Blogging from Hawaii...I didn't know until some friends said something...Your vacation looks oh so wonderful. Thanks for sharing all the pics!
Yay! Looks like you're having a wonderful time! Sorry we got cut off on the phone yesterday - I tried to call you back 3 times, but it never worked. I figured you were having way too much fun anyway & I'll talk to you later. :) Loves!! (Jessie - not Erin) :)
Mmmmm, pina colada with strawberry syrup. I can almost taste it. :)
I am loving these pictures! The video of the turtle was very cool too. Carson was sitting here next to me when I watched it and he thought it was super cool. :)
Enjoy your last couple days!
Post a Comment