However, I know that my regular exercise as of late is really helping ... emotionally and physically. I've really been loving my early morning wuns (walk, run, walk, run = wun), listening to my favorite music. Music is so key to me getting in a good work out ... so I try to keep a variety of fast and slow songs to keep me moving along. I usually start with some type of worship song ... it just sets my heart and mind on the right track for the morning and lifts my spirit to work harder physically.
Right now I've really been loving this song by Newsboys ...
I wanna start it over
I wanna start again
I want a new beginning
One without any end
I feel it inside
Calling out to me
CHORUS
It's a voice that whispers my name
It's a kiss without any shame
Something beautiful
Like a song that stirs in my head
Singing love will take us where
Something's beautiful
I've heard it in the silence
Seen it on a face
I've felt it in a long hour
Like a sweet embrace
I know this is true
It's calling out to me
REPEAT CHORUS
It's the child on her wedding day
It's the daddy that gives her away--Father
Something beautiful
When we laugh so hard we cry
It's the love between you and I
Something beautiful
You can listen to it on my sidebar ;). And thanks to iTunes updating their downloading options, it's not so easy to download your songs as MP3's allowing you to load onto your non-iPod equipment.
Well, not much else to report ... and posting will be sporadic at best this week ... with the holiday and everything (not just me) will be a little "off." But I am hoping to stay on the course with my wunning ... and I've even found a great schedule at coolrunning.com called the Couch-to-5k Schedule. It's similar to what I've been trying on my own. I'm totally going to give it a go and hopefully in less than 9 weeks (which means before I go to Maui), I'll be able to run a full 3 miles at a time. How cool would that be?
Happy Tuesday to you!!
P.S. I'm really going to need to wun after I eat both this and this tomorrow! Yummy celebration of sweet freedom!!
5 comments:
Happy 4th Andrea! I love the term WUN I've never heard it said quite like that before. I'm proud of you for getting out there and wunning.
The great thing about running is it's something you can build up and get better at. I'm sure you'll be wunning 3 miles in no time.
We'll be around the first part of the month hope to see you.
blessings,
summer
Happy 4th Andrea! I love the term WUN I've never heard it said quite like that before. I'm proud of you for getting out there and wunning.
The great thing about running is it's something you can build up and get better at. I'm sure you'll be wunning 3 miles in no time.
We'll be around the first part of the month hope to see you.
blessings,
summer
What a great song! I always hear it on the radio, but never pay attention to the lyrics... thanks for sharing. And that Couch-to-5K Schedule, i think I might give it a try too!
Running = yuck
That olive bread sounds so good. How was it?
Praying for you...
Hey girlie,
I hope that you are feeling better, both physically and emotionally. It can be so hard to pull yourself up from those feelings but just know that extra prayers will be said for you and lots of happy thoughts sent your way!
Couch to 5K, eh?! Makes me hurt just thinking of it! LOL
Post a Comment