Friday, August 10, 2007

Forward ...

Running Forward ...
I just finished week 5 of my "Couch-to-5K" training ... that's more than half way through, only 4 weeks to go. And I'm almost half way to my goal of running 100 miles ... how sweet is that?!? Today was a *real run* ... no walking in between, a full twenty minutes of running, running, running and I did it! That felt SO good!

Moving Forward for baby #2 ... oh wait, it looks as though we've already been blessed with a little fur baby. Move over Ethan, there's a new baby in this house, LOL.
Paying it Forward ...
You've all heard of or seen the movie, right? You get the idea? Well here it is with a creative theme ...

I will send a handmade gift to 3 random people who leave a comment on my blog (let's say before 12AM Tuesday, August 14th) requesting to join this 'Pay It Forward' exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week… but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

I first saw this on Erin's blog and thought, wow, I want to help spread this creative love. It's hard to say where this "crafty giving" started as I've linked back through A LOT of blogs, but thank you to the original creator, I'm sure this is going to bring a smile to many a faces. So come on, join in ... you know you want to ... and the only *catch* is you have to Pay it Forward to three more people on your blog (or in your real world and you can just tell me about it on my blog ;) ).

And, lastly, I got this forwarded through the mail from the incredibly talented and equally generous Erica Hernandez. She had a little challenge on her blog to create some LO's with old stuff ... and well I did and I received a jaw dropping box of sweetness. Thank you Erica ... this made my heart smile and just re-affirmed the above "paying it forward." I can't wait to create some great things with all of this!

Forward onto the weekend ... we have one filled with lots of family time and I'm totally looking *forward* to it ;).

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!!

7 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Look at all of that cool stuff!! You will have lots of options for pay it forward now! I will help spread the love with the crafty pay it forward too. Sounds like a lovely time!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Bethany said...

What a cute idea! My parents had a "pay it forward" moment months ago when someone randomly paid for their breakfast at Elmer's. It always makes you feel good... to give and receive. YEAH for the 20 minutes, I told you it wasn't too bad :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on week 5! Great job, that's a lot of running. I am on week 3 although I accidently did week 1's routine for 2 weeks so I guess I am really on week 2.

I would love to join this creative "pay it forward". How fun is that?! That was an awesome gift from Erica Hernandez!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so we PIF with crafy materials? Or a crafty item? I am all confused! But your package is cool none-the-less!! :o )

And hey, moving forward with baby #2? Surely, if you had news, we'd know, right? :o) Saying many prayers for #2!

Erica Hernandez said...

I can't imagine running 100 miles...I'm in awe of you!

And I'm glad you liked the goodies! Love the PIF idea...it's always a good feeling to do nice things for other people! Especially when they are unexpected :)

Kelly said...

You got my heart racing with talk of baby #2! Although the cat is cute (I guess) that's not the picture I was hoping for! :)
Way to go on your running! No more wunning huh?
I would love to join the pay it forward game. I don't know if I have time to do it but I will just make the same promise as you. Surely there will be time in the next year! Right? Great idea!

Kimberly said...

Hi! I would like to join the pay it forward craft thing -- it sounds like so much fun and I have lots of ideas. It's good to hear you are doing well. :)