
Hummingbird Cupcakes
makes 24 cupcakes
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1 8oz can crushed pineapple, with liquid
2 mashed bananas
1 cup coursely chopped pecans
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt with a whisk in a good sized bowl.
2. Beat eggs.
3. Add oil and vanilla to beaten eggs and mix until somewhat combined.
4. Add egg/oil/vanilla mixture to flour/sugar/baking soda/cinnamon/salt mixture.
5. Mix together pineapple, bananas, pecans until combined.
6. Add to the rest of ingredients and stir to combine.
Bake at 350 degrees for ~25 minutes until golden and a cake tester comes out clean. I top these off with the cream cheese frosting.
I love, love, love going to the "Cupcake Bakeshop" and seeing what new delicacies are in store. Will my cupcakes ever look this good? Probably not, but it makes me happy knowing that someone can make them look as good as they taste. It is chalk full of good advice and wonderful recipes ... way beyond a plain ol' yellow or chocolate cupcake ... not that there is anything wrong with that ;).
Happy Tuesday ... have a sweet treat and enjoy the rest of the day!
4 comments:
I can personally attest to the yumminess of these cupcakes. Even my pickiest eater said they were good!
You and all these fun blogs you find! I'm sure we'll be eating lots of cupcakes around here now! :)
Thanks for sharing...the cupcakes and the website!
looks yummy!
thanks for sharing!
These were SO DELISH! Can't wait to make some... but I need to find someone to give most of them to or I will eat them ALL!
I'm a little confused. Why are they called "Hummingbird" cupcakes? Just for fun? They sound good. I wish I'd seen this before we threw out some bananas last week!!
Post a Comment