Sunday, July 22, 2007

Part 2 ...

Remember how I mentioned this ...

"Returned the beautiful couch I so lovingly showed you on Tuesday. Thankfully was able to get a new one, there by saving me the stress, headache and hardship of making new furniture decisions (I think I heard Matt say, "amen to that")."

Hmmm, I spoke about an hour to soon. Shortly after uploading my post (I'm starting to feel like I'm jinxing myself) the couch started making the same crunchy/squeaky sound as the first one ... so ANOTHER trip back to Costco with both the couch and the chair ... I was so done with them. Seems someone else brought one back with the same issue, maybe they should be pulled from the floor? Maybe?

Thankfully, Julie had already agreed to watch Ethan for not just Saturday night, but the afternoon as well. After dropping him, Matt and I headed for furniture stores. I have to say it was a wonderful afternoon. Just the two of us, being able to take time to look around, have fun talking through our decisions and just being together. And we had success! We have a beautiful Italian made leather chair in the living room ... a steal at almost 50% off! The couch we picked out will be a nice neutral compliment that I can liven up with throw pillows. It should be here in less than a month. Until then, we've got a queen sized air mattress keeping the chair company. Ethan loves it ...

Our original reason for asking Julie to watch Ethan was so we could go to the Twilight Criterium downtown. We enjoyed dinner together and then met up with Greg & Jessica for dessert and watching the race. It's so cool to see these guys flying around the corner of the blocks ... in fact Jessica and I saw it a little too close and quickly hopped up off the curb to safer ground.


And then Matt & I got to come home ALONE. Ethan stayed the night with Aunt Julie too!! It was a little weird not having him home and to be honest I didn't sleep that great, but it was fun ... and took me back to our pre-Ethan days! I'm happy to have him back in his bed tonight!

All in all a really, really, fun day for Matt & I ... boy I love that man. Thanks Aunt Julie & Uncle Mike ... we SO appreciate you!

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where did you get your new furniture? I am sure it was not from the Willey from Matt's view on it. Anyway, can't wait to see it. I am in the search for some myself!

Kelly said...

Okay first of all - SORRY about the picture! I don't think it's a good one of any of us but it was the only one I had.
Sorry to hear about the couch. I saw them at Costco this weekend and they looked nice. An Italian leather chair at 50% off sounds better though. :) I don't get new furniture for a long time. With three boys in this house, not to mention all the other kids that come in & out, we're sticking with cheap stuff that can be trashed without us worrying about it.
It's funny you guys went to the bike thing. I remember your mom taking us sometime in our pre-driving days and every year since I always think of you when I see the ads for it.
Glad you had a good weekend!

Bethany said...

I'm glad your Ethan-Free time was nice. I'm excited to see all the great pictures you took... and the new furniture.

Princess Jessie Pants said...

What a fun weekend! (Minus the furniture drama). I'm glad you & Matt had some quality alone time - that's important for us adults. :) I love the bike race - I miss it. Show us a picture of your new chair...& where did you get them?