I found a great blog (shocking, me, find a new blog?!?!) that dedicates much of it's posts to cooking, especially cooking with children. Ethan really loves helping me cook ... so much so now that while I make dinner, he "cooks up" many delicious dishes using his legos. Everything from fish and soup to brownies ... and he always adds his "secret" ingredient, mint.
So, when I saw this post, I knew we had to try these playdough cookies. I mean really, how fun are they, just to look at?!?
I happened upon Betty Crocker's gel pastes at Wal*Mart (in neon colors no less) ... and they work perfectly.

After you chill your dough (I did mine for 15-20 min. in the freezer), use a teaspoon to scoop out 3/4t balls out of each color. I left the other colors in the freezer while I worked on one color at a time. Once you have them all scooped and rolled, put them in groups of four and then place in the fridge/freezer for about 10 min. Then roll each group together into a big ball and then into a 12 in. long snake.

Then curl each snake into your cookie shape.
These cookies look great as is, but for even more fun, insert a cookie stick (found at Michael's or Wal*Mart in the specialty baking area) into the cookie after it's cooled about 5 min. Then you can wrap in the cellophane treat bags (found in the same area) and you've got a "lollipop" cookie.Now for some non-caloric color ... check out what came in my mail yesterday:

My June Studio Calico Kit (with an add on kit this month) AND my Making Memories winning Passport Collection. This picture doesn't even begin to show you just how much stuff this is ... my desktop organizer is overflowing. Someone better get to scrapbooking soon!!
(Making Memories Passport Collection)We've had a lovely day today, playing with friends, sharing treats, a little sewing and a delicious dinner followed by a peanut butter/chocolate shake. A perfect middle of the week. I hope yours was too!
Happy Wednesday!!
Happy Wednesday!!
6 comments:
Ooo! Maybe Greg will eat those!! :)
Those were SO FUN! Claire loved hers, we'll definitely have to make them!
Thanks for posting the recipe. The kids loved them.
I love the latest bit of sewing you shared on the other blog.
So, so fun!! I love the cookies - & of course the SC kit is adorable. I got mine too...lot's of fun scrapping ahead for me! :)
Thanks for the kudos! I am so glad you tried the recipe, my kids adored them and it is so much fun to share the wealth. It's always a job to keep our little ones entertained, and these do the trick!
Thanks for the kudos! I am so glad you tried the recipe, my kids adored them and it is so much fun to share the wealth. It's always a job to keep our little ones entertained, and these do the trick!
Post a Comment