As promised, since technically "Labor Day" is still part of the weekend, right?
This isn't so much an antic as just a really cute video of Ethan ;). Last week he wanted to read to Chopper, our cat, who surprisingly sat through 2 or 3 books before bailing. Ethan must have hit him a dozen times in the head, but still he patiently laid there ... just like us, he can't resist Ethan's sweetness ...
In other news, we had a wonderful LONG weekend. We've got to share time together as a family, catch up with friends over delicious meals and have some alone time while Ethan had Grandpa/Grandma time. In fact, Ethan stayed over night at my parent's and Matt and I had a fun date ... dinner, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble and dessert at our old dating favorite, Red Robin for Mudd Pie. So, so fun and special and yummy! Then we were supposed to spend today together and then head out to my parents to pick up Ethan and have dinner.
But Matt had to go into work unexpectedly and I ended up with 6 hours alone, to myself ... that hasn't happened in, well, I can't even remember, but I know it was over 3 1/2 years ago. And you know what? It was weird after a few and I'm not sure how much I liked it ... I did get quite a bit done on a soon-to-be revealed project, but was so happy to see my little guy this evening. Thanks Mom & Dad ... I know he's going to have a wonderful time with you while we're in Maui.
And with that, I'm going to go snuggle up for some Max&Ruby, wash Ethan up and put us to bed!
Tomorrow is the start of preschool! A short day at only an hour, but the start of school none the less!
Happy Monday!!
(Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law, Mike!! How nice to have a day off!)
7 comments:
Love the video!! What a cutie!!
Okay so maybe there's one good thing about a cat. That was a cute video!
6 hours by yourself? WOW! Even though it would be nice, I don't know what I would do with myself either. That's a long time!
I'm glad you had a good weekend & I'm glad I got to be part of it! :)
I almost forgot...Happy First Day Of Preschool Ethan! (and Mommy!) Can't wait to see the pictures! :)
What a good kitty! Chopper has it pretty easy, at least Ethan won't be dressing him up in doll clothes :) Good luck today!
Sounds like a great weekend! How much longer now until Maui?
Cute video too :)
Oh my goodness - love it! 10 points to Chopper for sitting there & not eating EE. :) Super cute video.
We want to know about preschool today!!
Mmm, I love Mudd Pie at Red Robin. Something about the chocolate and peanut butter, yum. Also, that must be the new infamous sofa Ethan is sitting on?
Post a Comment