Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cha-Cha-Changes ...

Turn and face the strain ...
(Be happy this blog doesn't have voice recorded posts and you can't hear me singing.)

Lots of changes happening in my world ...
  • Changing to daylight savings time (okay this was a change for a lot of people)
  • Changing time zones (back to Mountain Time after 10 days in Pacific Time)
  • Changing morning routine to include running 3 days a week*
  • Changes to my computer ~ getting settled in with the Adobe CS3 Suite (what a treat this was ... I'm pretty sure I didn't do my part to earn this gift, but I'm very thankful none the less)
  • Changes to our camera ~ learning to operate a new one after five years with our last one
  • Changes to my sewing room ~ trying to make my space work a bit better for me AND changing my sewing table to face the door so my boys can't sneak up on me as easily!
  • Changes to my summer plans ~ well I didn't really have too many, but I'm jumping into something I wasn't expecting, but am SO excited about
I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that seem to be on my mind right now.

* I have decided I'm a fair weather runner (and I'm okay with that). I figure I can comfortably run from March - October and take the other months off for hibernation :). March 1st started my running, then we went on vacation. Today was my second day of running. I ran half of my 3 mile course and my total time was just over 31 minutes. Not too bad after almost 5 months off.

The recent rain (as recent as early this morning) brought out a bunch of worms ... I ran through hundreds of worms this morning. I couldn't look down at the sidewalk or I would have quit and ran home. Worms = Little Snakes. Snakes = Andrea's biggest "creepy" fear. BLEH!

And because this post might be a bit boring, here's one of the songs from my play list this morning that kept my little legs running:



Happy Day!

4 comments:

Erin said...

new camera and CS3? Lucky girl. Jessie just shared your secret summer plans with me and it sounds like fun! good luck!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Modest Mouse! We listen to them!! I love that song...

Good job running my dear - you are a trooper. I am not so good at that.

Talk to you soon!

Amanda said...

Well, I'm glad to hear you have good reasons for not posting. ;o)
Those sound like some pretty good changes, all but the time stuff. I was amazed at how well my girls did with the time change. They've actually been sleeping in longer.

Good luck with the running. Can you run a mile for me?!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the running. I need to change my workout rountine a little. I am getting bored with what I am doing. Maybe I'll try to do that couch to 5K (right???) thing this spring.

I am still trying to learn my way through CS4. I really need to watch more of the training video because I am sure there is a ton of stuff at my fingertips that I am not using. But, what I have learned so far has been SO great and helped with photo editing a tremendous amount. What camera did you get?