Friday, January 04, 2008

Creative Overload

Get ready for a lot of pictures, links and in general creative overload.
**If you don't care about creativity or my form of creativity, feel free to skip this post.**

Where to start?

My Christmas Craftiness~
For the last several years I've been doing some handmade gifts for Christmas. It started more out of financial necessity but I so enjoyed doing it that now I look forward to creating something special for those that are dear to me.

This year I did a few tote bags, the idea started for my mom and sister to hold their knitting supplies. My mom has been knitting up a storm ever since my knitting bee :). My sister, well not so much, but she likes the idea and I thought this would be one more thing to get her in the spirit :). And then I had left over fabric from my other craft and decided that Jessie would love one of these bags as well. So here they are ... with a corduroy bottom and a contrasting fabric lining the inside (my sister's, my mom's and Jessie's).


The second craft was these fun and flirty (I think the ruffle qualifies as flirty) aprons. I first made one for Jessie for her 30th birthday and it was so fun I decided to make more. I made one for the gift exchange with Matt's family and one for Bethany. Well then I forgot about Ethan's pre-school teacher, so she got the one for Bethany and I did a new one for her. Then the day after Christmas I made one more for a visiting friend. Well since then I've done another and have 3 more cut and ready to sew. More apron news in coming days/weeks, ok?



My Crafty RAKs~
I think I had mentioned that I was expecting some fun mail a few weeks before Christmas and in the flurry of all the holiday activities, I haven't been able to post about receiving them.

The first is from Miss Erin. Remember way back when ... when I shared that she was "Paying it Forward"? And then I did the same on my blog? Well she picked me on her blog and sent me this adorable mini-album, "you & me." It's all about Ethan and me, totally warms my heart. Erin is SO good with mini albums and having received two now (one at Ethan's birth) I feel very special. Thank you Erin. And really, I'll be rewarding my "Pay it Forward" winners sometime soon too!

The second was a gift from Sara Winnick (whose scrappy work I so enjoy) for suggesting she brine her Thanksgiving turkey ... totally funny since I have never cooked a turkey but I win for giving advice on the matter :). She sent me a TON of wonderful stuff ... thank you Sara!!



52 Card Scrap-Up~
Yes, I'm still doing this, I'm now only two "prompts" behind. Somehow I skipped Week #9 (Christmas Music) and still need to do Week #11 (Favorite Christmas Gift). Here are the other two I haven't yet shared:

Week #8 Favorite Christmas Tradition

Week #10 Favorite Christmas Moment


A little scrappin' of my own~
At Erin's urging, I joined a free class at Big Picture Scrapbooking (see sidebar) called, "Get a LOAD of this" ... the challenge is to scrapbook something each day in January. I'm 3 for 3 so far, lets see how long I can keep it up.

010108- A little LO about Ethan and his Snow Baby


010208- A tag album designed by Janna Wilson. I got the album kit months ago but had yet to make it ... this is the finished cover and the first half of the tags.

010308- The second half of the album.

Have you had enough yet? Well I have, I'm sick of hearing myself type ;). SO with that ...

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!!

7 comments:

Blessed Little Curl said...

I LOVE those purses! How much???

Erin said...

Lots of good stuff here Ms. Andrea!
Totally jealous of those aprons...I'm hoping you'll be etsying them soon :)

Kelly said...

I have a feeling you're going to be swarmed with requests for bags & aprons now! They're so cute! Did you use a pattern? Superhero capes are up next on my list but I may need to try my hand at a bag after that.
Thanks for sharing some of your creativeness! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all of this! Seriously, could you be any more talented?!

Bethany said...

What a busy little girl you've been! I LOVE my apron, thanks again. I love having such talented friends!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love how crafty you are. Thanks for sharing. The bags are adorable and I love those aprons. I bought one at a cute little craft store here in Kuna. Are you going to start selling them?

Anonymous said...

3 Things:
1. I LOVE the tote bags and agree with Jessica, how much? They are way cute!

2. I love the tag album and would like to know how to make them.

3. You should do another knitting bee or a scrapbooking one so you can teach those of us less inept to make those cute tag albums! ;)

P.S. I am signing this annonymous b/c I don't ge tthe way to leave a comment now.
Oh wait, maybe I figured it out...