Sunday, February 20, 2011

7 years ...

... of loving this one ...


Who started as this ...


And grew ...


And grew ...


And grew ...


And grew ...


And grew ...


And grew ...


And keeps on growing. Just like my heart. Each day it gets more full because of this one.

Ethan,
For the last 7 years is has been my joy to be your full time mama. I've never regretted choosing you over any other job. I've never wanted to quit this job. I have loved our days together. This year you've spent your days away from me which has made our time together even more precious. What a blessing to be able to send you off to school with a kiss and a hug and pick you up with a hug and kiss and hear about your day. Weekends and days off are my favorite days, getting to spend them with you. You are funny. You are inquizative ... your brain never stops thinking about Legos, weapons, battling, Star Wars and anything else you can dream up. I have to admit I sometimes tune you out after an hour of Lego talk, but I wouldn't have it any other way. You love God and you shine your light for Him.  You have a heart for others ... You are loving, compassionate, thoughtful and kind. You are smart like your dad and love to be artsy craftsy like me. We love you so and thank God for the miracle of you!!

Happy 7th Birthday E!!

7 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

What a sweet post. I admire you as a Mama - I hope Eloise knows I love her as much as you love Ethan. He's a wonderful, adorable little guy - good job Mama. Love you Ethan!

xoxo

summer said...

What a delightful post! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. The time is really starting to fly now it seems! So glad your heart is full!

Kelly said...

This almost got me a little teary! Why are they growing up so fast?!? We're thankful that Ethan is such a great kid! I love that he's friends with my boys! Happy, happy birthday Ethan!

Sandy said...

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. He is one cute kiddo and you are an awesome mama. I love all of the b-day pics :)

Nicole said...

What a happy day! I feel like I JUST read about his 6th birthday party - he is sure growing up fast (and wonderful!). Good job, Mama!!

amanda said...

Happy Birthday E! Don't you just love all those baby pictures!! Something happens when they start school, time seems to fly by even faster.

Blessed Little Curl said...

I just love him so much! You are a wonderful mama to a wonderful little man!