You know what Facebook? I've lived my life just fine for over a year barely entering into your world. Sure, I'd occasionally sign on and validate all those that wanted to be my "friend" ... but I resisted and I signed off until a month later when I would repeat the 45 second process.
But yesterday and today, you've lured me in not for seconds or minutes but hours ... friends are starting to write on my wall (I didn't even know I had a wall) and then I post a profile picture and change my name to include my maiden name and now people are finding me. And I'm writing and chatting and reading and then it happened ... I discovered that the Facebook gods were smiling down on me tonight ... you see I was looking at people's profiles and they WERE NOT MY FRIENDS and I was not their friend. And yet I could see their profile, their wall and their pictures. And here I have sat for the last 3 + hours ... I kid you not.
Good thing I did have several productive hours BEFORE I was sucked into the Facebook vortex.

I started No Knead Bread last night for tonight's dinner. I was so looking forward to homemade soup and bread. Then Matt called to say he'd be late ... very late ... and so I still made the bread, but couldn't bring myself to making a pot of soup for me and Ethan. So, it'll have to wait until tomorrow ... the bread however was much enjoyed tonight.

I also sewed up some fabric coasters to go with my new furniture. Yes, in the last 3 months, Matt has built me an end table to match the sofa table (shown in the background) AND he just finished bed side tables for us. Tomorrow I'm planning to post pictures of them along with the question ... "What's on your nightstand?" so be thinking on that ;).

Well I've got a few things to still check off my list ... you know, do to the fact that I neglected all but the immediate needs in my home (feeding, bathing and putting E to bed). What is wrong with me? I *think* the high was short lived and I think I can happily carry on my life not on Facebook. Then again, I just got my fix, so we'll see what happens when tomorrow comes along ...
Happy Thursday!
5 comments:
Ah, ha, ha, ha!! We've got you now - you FBJ (Facebook Junkie). :)
Fun to play with you on it tonight - see you back there tomorrow night... :)
Don't leave us in Facebook-land! It's a good thing. Yes it can be a time waster but it's so good for chatting with friends. And you know we don't talk enough as it is. :)
Matt did such a great job on all your furniture. Norm would be proud!
You won't be surprised at my answer for what's on my nightstand. :) (and it's NOT mouthwash!)
Facebook is indeed a time sucker. I spent a good 30 minutes playing a game on Facebook last night. I'm addicted to Scramble and now Pathwords.
I'd better go clean my nightstand before tomorrow, lest you know all the piles it has collected lately....
I hear you, I've recently been sucked in as well. However, the novelty of it does wear off and it just becomes something you check once in a while so I wouldn't abandon it all together!
I am terribly jealous of your furniture. I have been looking and looking for those exact items. (end tables and nightstands) We have none and I've been on the hunt!
Good work Matt!
Yes, Facebook (like any other computer thing) can be a complete time waster but it is a great way to reconnect with old friends.
Love the new furniture. Matt sure does a great job!!
Post a Comment