Friday, August 08, 2008

Creative Friday ...

Hey remember these? Way back when ... when I was scrapbooking, Friday seemed like a good day to share what I had been working on. Well guess what? While away on vacation I scrapped and scrapped and scrapped some more leaving me with several pages to share with all of you :).

The catch? I have to photograph them still ... so while the "To Die for Blueberry Muffins" are finishing, I'll take some pictures and share them later ... okay? SO check back sometime after naptime :).

And just why has it taken me four days to create another post? Well ... it seems I *might* have bought a large amount of fabric in Portland for many upcoming Etsy/Knitty Bitties projects/orders. So I had to serge the edges (so, so, so much better than pinking all the edges), wash the fabric, iron and fold the fabric ... and then I cut out 6 totes and 4 aprons. And then I had to start sewing. I've got almost all 4 aprons done and plan to take photos of those today and then share all the juicy details of where they are going over on the Knitty Bitties blog.

See you in a bit!

** Alright, I'm back with scrapbook pages ...



The Love of Family

I might have gone over the top with "girly-ness" on this page, but when else can I use the pink glitter letters in my stash?!?


You+Me=Us
I love this picture! I took the easier route while scrapbooking this time and brought a long several layouts I had pulled from magazines to help inspire me and get more pages done. This one is a scraplift of Peg Manrique's "L/R" layout.


10-4 Good Buddy
I have so many fun photos from this day at preschool, but I thought these best captured Ethan's excitement. Scraplift of Kelly Bryan's "Buddies" layout.

And remember the "52 Card Scrap Up" challenge I joined in on at the beginning of the year ... well lets just say I fell off the wagon and am something like 20+ weeks behind (LOL). I did manage to get 6 cards done and hope to keep plugging along to get caught up before the end!


(From top left, clockwise ~ What do you do on your birthday? / How do you go green? / Junk Mail - Use something you would have thrown away / This Week)

Almost all of these layouts were created with the very fun kits I get monthly from Studio Calico. I can't even tell you how many more layouts/cards/projects I could create ... the monthly kit is the perfect arrangement for me, arriving at my doorstep with all of the latest and greatest products, but keeping me out of the scrapbook store (which is always a good idea :). Starting in September I've jumped ship and will be trying out the Scarlet Lime kit club. Hopefully this scrapbooking fever will continue and you'll be seeing lots of creative fun on Fridays 'round here.

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Ooh! I'm excited to see all your yummy new fabrics! And some proof that you did more than chat and drink Starbucks on your trip ;)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Those are awesome pages and cards. Love how you used those SC coupons! Very very creative! Glad you had such great time with Jessie!

Kelly said...

Great pages as always! Looking forward to seeing the fabric. :)

Anonymous said...

Great LO and cards. I have fallen behind on the stinkin' cards again. I am going to try to get caught up this week.

Erin said...

I'm so glad I got to see all those lovely pages and cards in person! Love them! Speaking of 52 cards....your prompt again my dear...wishing we could scrap together more often!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing that you scrap lift! ;o) I'm looking forward to seeing all your new fabrics.

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Only 19 more cards to go...

Maybe you should take Nicole up on her offer. :) Love your cards & LO's as always.